Today I’m talking about my goals for 2017. I’m really hoping I can take control and make this a successful year!
1. Find a studio space
• I’m not rushing into anything because I would like other things to happen before I commit to a studio. But I hope to find the perfect studio by the end of this year that will be stylized for seniors and boudoir photography.
2. Move into my own place (I currently have roommates)
• Don’t get me wrong, I love my roommates. But I am quickly growing out of this little apartment, I am so cluttered and ready to find a space to call my own that will motivate and inspire me.
3. Blog at least 3 times a week
• I’d like to start posting blogs more often because I really do enjoy writing and creating them, I have tried many times to get into a blogging routine but I was always so nervous about saying the wrong thing, I would over think it and I felt like my blogs were awkward. I’m just going to try to not worry about sounding all professional and just talk how I would to anyone. We’re all friends here, right? I don’t need to sugar coat things.
4. Post more frequently
• As I said in my last blog, I have not been consistent at all this year and that’s something I really want to work on. I think its very important as a business owner to stick to a schedule and set deadlines for yourselfand its something that I really need to work on in every aspect.
5. Grow my boudoir portfolio
• Boudoir is something that I have always dabbled in but never posted about, I’ve noticed that its finally becoming popular and I’m hoping to photograph a handful of beautiful women, really focus on self empowerment and do all that I can to bring out confidence in women and create the perfect boudoir experience for them.
6. Save Money
• I’m a college student and I try to be as financially independent as I can. I can’t save money to save my life! Lets be real, its not easy to get started on saving but I hope to work my butt off this year to save a good chunk of money to invest in whatever my next move will be in life.
7. Read more
• I’ve never really enjoyed reading but every now and then I’ll see and excerpt from a book and think that I might really enjoy to read more of it. I’m hoping it’ll become a good time filler instead of scrolling through my phone.
8. Travel More, meet more people
• By travel I don’t even really mean to far away places. This year I’d love to travel to visit friends that I haven’t seen in awhile. I’m almost two years out of high school! Time goes by so fast that you don’t realize how long its been since you saw people you used to see daily. I think it would make me really happy to enjoy old friends company more often this year.
9. Pick my camera up for at least 10 minutes every day
• This year I don’t feel like I really picked up my camera unless I had to.. I’d like to document more of my life and possibly even start a youtube channel. If you’re an OG you know its been something I’ve wanted to do for YEARS… we’ll see.
10. Express myself, be healthier
• I can get so shy sometimes, I hope to shake that and just be myself all the time. I hope to be healthier all the time, make healthier decisions and fuel my body with good foods. Keep a healthy mind and spirit and really be aware of myself physically and emotionally! This year is I just want to focus on being a better version of me.
Alright, that’s it! I am excited to look back on this in a year and see how I did!!
Thanks for reading :)